Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Good Morning Blow-out!


This morning Dave was searching the house for a certain dental book. He finally found it in a tub under the bed. By the time he found it he was running behind and didn't have time to push it back under. I am so grateful he was running behind...

About an hour after Dave's departure I was just finishing feeding Paige when I looked at her and noticed her diaper was on the verge of seeping out the edge of her legs. "Time to change you!" I swept her into my arms and had just stood up when an explosion erupted. I was momentarily stunned as liquid shrapnel splattered across my chest, down my bare legs, and onto my toes. A nice smattering of bowel-juice ended up on the carpet, but not as much as there should have been. Why? The plastic bin of the morning was miraculously in the exact spot to bear the brunt of the gooey onslaught. I still spent a good portion of my morning scrubbing clothing, carpet, and body, but I was able to do it cheerfully knowing it could have been much worse.

What a bright beginning to the day!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ewww! i know that substance all too well...

Angela Dougherty said...

It's a miracle!! I'm so glad it wasn't worse for you...

Emily Taylor said...

Nast. Will that come out of your shirt? Cute shirt by the way.