Monday, August 23, 2010

Paige's 1st birthday!




I'm one! I'm one! Hurray! Of course, I'm not really doing anything a "normal" one year old does. I still refuse to crawl. I'm not walking on my own. Since I've never been the type of baby to put stuff in my mouth, finger food is a work in progress - a slow process. But I have to two teeth with a third on the way, and I have lovely hair.

Mommy decided the best way for a little girl like me to truly enjoy her birthday was for mommy to do nothing all day but spend time with me. No cooking - except for my meals of course. No cleaning, nothing.
We visited daddy at school in the morning, then mommy took me to the pet store to play with puppies (good thing daddy wasn't around to see me put the puppy chew toy in my mouth! Mommy freaked out enough... I guess some things do go in my mouth.)
That afternoon mommy and daddy took me to the park to have a picnic, play ball, and open my presents. To be honest, I would have been perfectly content to just play with and eat the grass.
Then we went home and I ate my first cupcake! Mommy made butterfly cupcakes. Pretty, huh. My first refined flour and sugar ever! Mmm...










10 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't believe she is ONE! It's bitter-sweet, isn't it? I love the cupcake pictures. I love her hair, too. Great birthday cupcakes!

mollynordstrom said...

seriously adorable pictures! She is so cute!

Jared & Tristan said...

One year old already! Happy Birthday Paige!! I love the pictures of her with the dogs :)

Anonymous said...

This is my new favorite video...so cute. the music is so perfect. I'm so tickled she likes her birthday gifts. Miss you all. MOM

nathan n rachel said...

Happy Birthday Paige! Cute pics.

Jenalee said...

Such a cute birthday girl!

Lindsay said...

She is so cute! I cant believe how big she is. I love the cake too.

Heidi Miller said...

I was cracking up in this post!! The one of her eating the dogs mouth is hilarious and I love the video! how do you connect different videos like that?

Tawnya said...

Well happy birthday little one!! You do have lovely hair!

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

She is so adorable and growing up way to fast! How in the world did you make the butterflies? They are beautiful. And I really like the mirror behind your kitchen table. That looks great!