Monday, April 13, 2009

First Pregnancy photos

For Easter Mom sent me some great maternity shirts and a couple of must have belly bands! I will say, this charcoal blouse hides my belly pretty well, but perhaps just enough so you can't tell I'm pregnant, just fat.
At this stage of pregnancy (21 weeks) I'm feeling pretty well. Food is delicious again, and even chocolate has regained some of its addiction for me (again, thanks mom for the Cadbury Easter eggs. They're all gone.)
Dave and I had baby names all picked out, with one slight problem - they were all for boys. Oh, there are lots of boy names we both love. As for girls...well, we're finding we have some different tastes. I'm learning Dave is very good at vetoing names, but slightly lacking in offering his own original thoughts on the matter. This past Saturday we went on a date to the local library. We checked out a couple of baby name books, sipped on Italian sodas at the library cafe, and hoped for an epiphany. Unfortunately, it seemed the only books available were from the 1960's and so the names were a bit...outdated. Suffice it to say they didn't offer any help. We do have a handful of names we keep lolling around our tongues seeing which feels the best - of course the top choice changes daily. Last night however was a big step for Dave. He actually leaned over, kissed my belly and said, "Good night -------." So I guess there is a name he likes! Since the name of preference will likely change in the next 72 hours I won't say what it was. Well, we'll see what he calls her tonight.
p.s. Sorry for the photo shoot - - another aspect of our library date.


6 comments:

Magic Moments said...

You are so pretty and you look so cute pregnant and at the same time it is so weird to see you at this stage in your life. I am so happy for you and wish you the best.

mollynordstrom said...

Your belly looks bigger but your legs look smaller... how does that work out? You look really beautiful in these pics. Oh and mom told me you're naming your baby sophie. Like Dave does, i'm Vetoing that

Amber said...

You look adorable. And I know what you mean about exerting the veto power, and then not coming up with alternatives. TJ was great at that.

Your next date should be to a bookstore. The names there should be a little more up-to-date. Hanging out at a bookstore used to be one of TJ and my favorite dates!

Dave and Abby said...

Um, Molly, you should have learned by now that Mom can mix up her facts when she is multitasking while on the telephone. What I actually told her was although I was slightly fond of the name Phoebe, we were NOT naming our child after one of our dead pets, and I told her that includes the name Sophie. Besides, I reminded her, Molly has already claimed it. Sophie is an adorable name, but you can name your first daughter after the deceased cat.

Anonymous said...

I was teasing Molly when I told her you were naming your baby Sophie, just like she is teasing you thinking I was serious. Love all my daughters and their pregnancy and baby interest all together at the same time. It is a fun time. Love you all ...Mom

Rachael and Family said...

You look beautiful. How exciting your having a girl. I wish I had one. Maybe someday.